Thursday, October 23, 2008

Going Solo


Riomaggiore, Le Cinque Terre, Liguria

GG left yesterday. After a brief visit to Vernazza (see right) and a fantastic ferry ride back, that allowed us to see the villages from the sea, GG boarded the train to Pisa.

I didn't know what to do with myself and it didn't take more than ten seconds for a serious bout of homesickness to set in.

Made a call to daddy. "Dad, can I please cancel my trip and go home?"
"Sure kid". Then dad laughed lightly at the other end, "just like that day at Cafe 100?" I could hear the ring in his laughter acknowledging that his daughter had not really grown up. I had no access to the Internet websites required to change my plans, so I asked Dad to ask B to do it for me.

B called back immediately. "I will do it for you, but remember, you will never break free of the Cafe 100 spot." I sighed as I realised he was right and asked him to hold off while I thought some more.

I made up my mind. I really wanted to go further, but it was the thought of spending time in the Cinque Terre, a complete set of beach towns that was bothering me. I would take advantage and go snorkeling tomorrow. That should help me spend major chunk of the day.

So after having made the decision, feeling proud of the self and turning in early, I was all prepared for Going Solo.

1 comment: